So you have a business Instagram account, but the dollars still aren’t rolling in… so now what?? If you’re ready to start using the Insight tool available in your Instagram Business account to start making money today, you definitely don’t want to skim through today’s blog post.
Because in this blog post, we’re talking about:
- A 4 step, step-by-step tutorial for how to use your Instagram Insights to find the most profitable types of posts
- Why 6 & 7 figure entrepreneurs are successful on Instagram…and how you can be too
- Plus, how to give your Instagram feed a makeover: free download!
Ok, let’s hop right in to the step by step tutorial for how to use Instagram Insights to find the most profitable types of posts.
STEP 1: GO TO YOUR PROFILE PAGE AND CLICK THE INSTAGRAM INSIGHTS ICON.
STEP 2: CLICK “CONTENT” DIRECTLY BENEATH YOUR PROFILE PICTURE ON THE NEXT SCREEN
STEP 3: CLICK “SEE ALL” BY YOUR FEED POSTS.
Step 4: CLICK “IMPRESSIONS” AND CHANGE IT FROM “IMPRESSIONS” TO “WEBSITE CLICKS” AND PUSH “APPLY”.
Now you’ll have all of your posts from the last year displaying in order of the most website clicks to the least website clicks from your Instagram posts and that’s the metric I want to focus on today!
Your posts that have the most website clicks SHOULD (in theory) be your most profitable posts.
And that’s why you should care about “website clicks” instead of “engagement” or any other metric when you want to first figure out which ones have been historically you’re top money makers.
Increased “engagement” DOES NOT guarantee more sales.
“Engagement” as defined by Instagram within the “What do these mean?” section of your Instagram Insights, as “The number of times all of your post was liked, saved, and commented on.”.
And please don’t get me wrong…engagement is CRUCIAL to ensure your posts are getting seen by more folks–that’s the “impression” metric–super important.
But my point for this blog post is to use the impressions or engagement you’re getting to convert them to sales–’cause that’s what pays the bills at the end of the day, Amen??
So let’s talk about that for a sec.
HOW TO USE YOUR INSTAGRAM WEBSITE CLICKS TO MAKE MORE MONEY
Trust me girl, 6 and 7 figure entrepreneurs aren’t making 6 and 7 figures because they post prettier pictures or more cutesy captions than you. (though don’t get me wrong, that’s a little important too)
Successful entrepreneurs are profitable from Instagram for these 3 reasons:
- They have a clear call to action in their Instagram posts (and bio!) to click the link in bio.
- They have specific Instagram goals
- They have a specific Instagram monetization strategy for what happens after the user clicks the link in bio.
By including those three little words: “link in bio” — to your Instagram posts, you can:
- Drive traffic to buy your product and retarget them with discount/coupon ads if they don’t purchase
- Join your email list so they are opted in to your sales funnel,
- Point them to your Youtube channel so you can monetize your video traffic with ads,
- Have them book a consultation with you where you pitch (and close!) your high-end one-on-one services.
- Or try any of these other fun marketing ideas!
Making sure you have a sales funnel or monetization strategy mapped out to convert your Instagram users to dollar bills, will encourage you to find more creative ways to write captions pointing them your bio 🙂
And look, I totally get it. You still may be worried about how pretty your squares are or are struggling with what to say. #beentheredothat.
But, Don’t worry boo– I gotchu’.
You can download my free guide and give your Instagram a quick makeover with all my fave tips and strategies.
Want some personal recommendations for your very own Insta feed? Pop your handle into the comments below👇 and I’ll audit your Instagram account FOR FREE and send you all my best recommendations! 👇
June 16th, 2018 at 3:28 am
June 20th, 2018 at 1:39 pm
You’re so welcome Natalie!! I hope it helped 🙂
June 21st, 2018 at 3:11 pm
@coasterthis | Thanks in advance Samantha! 🙂
June 21st, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Any time Rachel! Happy to have you here 🙂